Black Lab Espresso Tiramisu
Tiramisu means “cheer me up” in Italian. It definitely lives up to its name. However, a vegan and gluten free version without refined sugar will have you firing on all cylinders. Omitting the cake, processed sugar and cheese gives this recipe variation a health filled twist, rather than a sugar crash.
- 2 Tbs VV macadamia concentrate (can substitute for cashew or almond butter if needed)
- 1 Handful of raw nuts (cashew, macadamia or slivered almond)
- 2.5 Tbs pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 2 tbs white chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1.5 cup raw cashew nuts (substitute blanched, slivered almonds if needed)
- 1 shot espresso coffee
- 1/5 tsp pure vanilla powder
- 3 Tbs raw cacao powder
- Put the handful of raw nuts into the bottom of a glass jar that can be used as a serving container
- Blend all other ingredients (except the cacao powder) in a high powered blender or food processor.
- Blend/process until smooth and creamy.
- Taste test. Add extra maple if needed for sweetness.
- Place 2/3 of the mixture into the serving jar. Reserve the remaining 1/3 in the blender/food processor.
- Add the cacao to the remaining 1/3 of the mixture. Blend until smooth and completely mixed.
- lace the final 1/3 cacao mix on top of the ingredients in the jar. Create a layering effect as pictured.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of one hour to set the mixtures.
- Top with raw nuts of your choice and dark chocolate (anything above 90% cacao). You can also add a dash of maple syrup on top.